There are nine different kinds of genres for children and young adult literature, they are poetry and verse, folklore, fantasy, science fiction, contemporary realistic fiction, biography/ memoir, nonfiction, and last but not least picturebooks. All of these different types of literature are very important to the children. I never really thought about how important picturebooks are for children. How the reader has to express what they see and try to more critical about the material that is present to them. The information is more there but the reader has to think more verse just reading a story. I also think Contemporary realistic fiction is also very beneficial. The reader can imagine but still stay in the lines of realism. Whenever I read this type of genres I always become friends with the characters and get excited to read the book and sometimes when I finish the book miss the characters that I read about. Then fantasy just lets the imagination go wild. Anything is possible for this genre. Children get excited to read this type of books. Science fiction guides us up to the future and makes us think about what’s next to come in our life. Then we have Historical fiction that takes us back in time to the past. That teaches us lessons that explain our history. Poetry and verse is a whole another way of thinking and makes one more creative and think a little deeper they any other genre. Folklore has a different touch that is different from all. It’s special because the culture gets to shine through. The reader learns something about that experience from the culture. Biography and memoir are very special it’s a story about someone life and tells you information that you would not know unless you read the biography. Nonfiction is a great tool to learn the concepts of facts that surround us in the real world. There are also five elements that make up a story you need a setting, characters, plot, theme, and a style. Then you have a story!
Updates, new dates, more...
-
So, in the last post I noted that i had broken my shoulder. I had surgery
in December (finally) and am now finishing up my physical therapy. I am
back to w...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment